Thursday 1 December 2011

November is out

So everything in our flat got fixed but the roof issue. Thankfully it's not raining that much at the moment so it only leaked once more. Apparently today people will be climbing up the roof today with fancy new electronic equipment to find the leak. Uhm, ok whatever they say. Just fixed the damn leak. Honestly, I don't see how this has priority. It's raining into your building. The ceiling has water marks now and is wet. I'm no builder, but clearly that can't be good.

Anyway, on to nicer things. The month of November is over now. The boys at work did all grew moustaches and had us sponsor them. We all met up for a last great group photo and us girls put on some fake staches as well. Mine can be seen below. Sorry, no on the face shot, I looked like an idiot. Maybe for the Christmas party where I plan to wear it again as I am going as an old man...


The weekend was great. I went out for breakfast with the bf. We actually had a pre-breakfast breakfast as he forced me to leave the house so early that our chosen place was still closed. So we went into Paul's and had a croissant and mocha.

After that we went over to a lovely breakfast place and I had the Lumberjack Stack: pancake, French toast and waffles served with maple syrup. Delicious! But definitely sugar overload. Then we went to see 50/50. Oh boy, I thought I went to see a comedy. The film was brilliant, but made me cry all over the place. 

After that I headed to lunch with a friend at a fancy Japanese place. And by fancy I mean they had projectors on top of the tables and you had to order from a projected menu. The food was actually shown on your plate. It was cool, but also overpriced. 

And then stupid us went to Oxford Street. Which was packed! I took some photos of the Christmas decorations, but they are really blurry. Will do better next time!



And now it's back to working. Boo. I wish weekends were longer... Maybe one more day, that's all I'm asking...

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, seriously hope this is all fixed soon.

    We saw that Restaurant on BBC Click. Seems fancy but I don't get it, surely they still have waiters bring the food? :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, not looking forward to the next rainshower that will soak our ceiling again.

    They do have waiters who bring the food. But you look at the menu on your table and order from there. And you ask for the bill electronically. There are also games and you can change the projected image for your table. We didn't play around that much because it was very distracting and not good for conversation. Probably more fun when you eat alone.

    ReplyDelete