I had a lot of fun making resolutions last year and revisiting them this year. So of course I will be doing the same this year.
There is not anything big on the list. I think for me it's more about finding a schedule that works for me and balance out different parts of my life.
This year there is no publishing/ work related goal on here. I think for this year I am just planning to stay in my current role and learn as much as possible. Maybe in the year after I will set some goals in this area for development or advancement. But I think for now I just want to gain the work experience and enjoy doing a 9-5 job and the freedom it comes with it. This year will be about enjoying my free time. Since the last years have been about studying and getting into a career.
This time around I thought I divide my goals into categories and see how that works out:
- Keep losing weight. Another 10 kilos this year would be great. I don't want to lose it fast, I want to keep it off, so slow and steady is great.
- Be more active. I started doing Zumba at home last year and it felt great to get fitter. I kinda dropped it the last two months because of holidays, sickness and more holidays. So the idea is to work out twice a week. One time Zumba and one time weights. Bf bought a set of weights and I have done training with him the last few days. It's hard but fun. I hope to keep that up.
- Keep eating healthy. Except for the two weeks around Christmas I have been eating really healthy. I have actually enjoyed doing it. Had much more energy than before and overall felt better.
- Get more frequent haircuts. Try every two to three months.
- Dye my hair again!
Since I completely failed at any of the goals I set last year I am trying to set a less ambitious goal (like, not working through a whole book). I basically want to stick to what is happening in the lessons. Do the homework/ review and find extra material in the books. Nothing extra. I figure if I can stick to these basics I will do a lot more than I did the last year. And if I really want to do anything extra, I guess I could always find something.
- Do the lesson reviews each week.
- Work on one grammar point per week, matching the one from the lesson or an earlier one.
- Match that grammar point to JFBP and revise.
I sometimes get caught up on the internet all day. Instead of doing something I like doing, I end up surfing the net and at the end of the day feel like I wasted my time. So I want to 'schedule' things I like to do in order to remember to do fun things. Yeah, sounds stupid. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the options there are for entertainment (TV, movies, books, games etc) and even though I really want to play or read something I don't start because I cannot decide what to do first and end up doing nothing.
- Make an effort to go to the movies (6 times a year).
- Spend at least two evenings a week reading for an hour.
- Try to play a game at least once a week.
- Blog once a week.
- Keep the book club running with meet-ups once a month.
- Try out new restaurants (4 times).
- Be more sociable. This is not a very concrete goal. But I do want to become more sociable, stay in touch with people, try to make new friends, keep old ones, etc. Maybe try to go out with people from work more often.
How about you guys? Have you made any resolutions for 2012? What hopes do you have for 2012?