Wednesday 3 August 2011

HyperJapan 2011

A few weekends back I went to Hyper Japan 2011 here in London. I had won a ticket from Haikugirl for the Saturday. Originally I planned to go with a friend but he ended up not having time, so I went by myself.

It was a great experience. I wandered around on two floors. Being by myself meant I had plenty of time to linger as long as I liked at every stall. I think I was there for almost 4 hours.

I bought some DVDs that I have yet to watch (Fish Story, Turtles are surprisingly fast swimmers, and Lala Pipo). Really should finish (well start) my dissertation first though before getting distracted with fun stuff.

I am crap at taking pictures, but here are a few I managed:


Nanoblocks. I love Tokyo Tower in the background.





I never had takoyaki before, so this was the perfect opportunity to try. They were delicious!


Live show about how to make sushi and curry.


I'll definitely be back next year!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Hope the dissertation is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh yeah, dissertation... I have the whole weekend planned for it. Meeting with a friend on Saturday to go to the British Library, and on Sunday to go to our University's one. Do you think a dissertation can be written in two days when all I'm going for is a pass???

    ReplyDelete